Arrays and TextEncode/Decode

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 16 18:31:57 EDT 2015

Wouldn't hurt to textEncode/Decode. As long as you are writing our binary it shouldn't matter either way.

Bob S

On Oct 16, 2015, at 12:34 , Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com<mailto:pete at lcsql.com>> wrote:

Thanks for reminding me of the different arrayEncode methods in LC 7 and LC
prior to 7. Fortunately, this code will only be executed in LC7+, actually
only LC8+ so I'm OK with the array encoding.

I'm just not sure about the Unicode aspects of this though.  Normally, it
seems to be the rule that you should textEncode data when writing it out to
a file and textDecode it when reading it in from a file.  Is that still the
case when the data is arrayEncoded?  No other programs will be reading the
file, not even other LC programs.

Pete