LC8 (dp7) - pretty darn good

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Oct 16 12:51:35 EDT 2015

I've been using LC8 quite a bit recently in connection with adding support
for widgets in lcstackbrowser.  No experience using it for mobile platform
but it seems to behave itself quite well on OSX, except.....

I've had a number of issues when running in debug mode.  Red dot
breakpoints don't always fire, most commonly when I have stopped execution
in a previous debug session, made changes, then started another debug
execution.  I know this has been a long standing issue for some people but
it's only happened to me very rarely in the past, and then usually in
preOpenCard/Stack handlers where it is a known problem.  Now it happens
much more frequently. I've also found that examining large variables is
painfully slow.  In fact trying to expand an array variable with a large
number of keys often causes LC8 to hang (spinning beachball) with force
quit being the only way out, or even just silently quit.

I don't have reliable recipes to reproduce either of the above so have not
entered QCC reports.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>