CSV again.

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 16 10:58:50 EDT 2015

Someone wrote a piece years ago about why no one who wanted to maintain his sanity should attempt to write an XML to CSV parser. In the process of writing the piece, his mind degenerated until he was blathering on about non-sensical things. The devil had finished his work on the poor soul.

I do not think there *IS* a way to cover all the exceptions in a CSV parser. CSV does not lend itself to correct parsing. Just trying to figure out how to deal with a cr or lf inside quoted text will get you therapy. Never mind a thousands separator in a numeric non-quoted value, which will probably get you a stay in a very quiet hotel room where you can't find the checkout desk.

Bob S