CSV again.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 15 22:32:29 EDT 2015

Mike Kerner wrote:
> For everyone trying to get back up to speed on CSV, here's the closest
> thing to a "Standard", RFC 4180:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180

Unfortunately the "format" was around for so long before that RFC, and
so many big companies have ignored the RFC since, that it doesn't
reflect the staggeringly rich variety of escapes and quoting conventions
found in real-world data.

Doesn't hurt to make sure whatever we come up with handles the spec, but
the spec doesn't handle a lot of what the world calls "CSV".

(And don't even get me started about files delimited by things other
than commas that identify themselves by the acronym for "Comma-Separated
Values").

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems