Release: 6.7.8 RC 1 / 7.1.1 RC 1

Sebastien Nouat sebastien.nouat at livecode.com
Thu Oct 15 10:58:15 EDT 2015

Dear List Members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.7.8 RC 1 and 7.1.1
RC 1.

*Release Contents
*
This release has been delayed due to issues with iOS 9.0 and Xcode 7.0,
but on the other side, we can announce that:
   - 51 bugs are fixed in LiveCode 6.7.8 RC 1
   - 24 bugs are fixed in LiveCode 7.1.1 RC 1 (in addition to the 51
bugs fixed in 6.7.8 RC 1, which are also fixed in 7.1.1 RC 1).

7.1.1 RC 1 includes string and single-byte operation improvement (the
same as the one that have been introduced in LiveCode 8.0.0 DP 7).

This release also allows you to select Xcode 7.0 in the Preferences >
Mobile Support pane, and thus allowing users to deploy on iOS 9.0 simulator.

*Known Issues with Xcode 7.0 and iOS ***9.0 *simulator

** The first time an iOS application is saved as a standalone with
LiveCode 6.7.8 RC 1, and error might occur at the linking step. This
only occurs once, and does not replicate at a second saving.

* When deploying on iOS simulator 9.0, if the dialog 'The simulator
seems to take a long time to launch the application. Do you wish to
continue trying?' appears, and 'No' is clicked, then LiveCode crashes
(or hangs). This is due to a bug in Xcode 7.0, and we are currently
working on finding a workaround.

Getting the Release
To get the release please download the installer directly at:
http://downloads.livecode.com

*6.7.8 RC 2 / 7.1.0 RC 2*
The next RC build is planned to be released next week.

If you reported a bug in BugZilla, you can check whether it will be
fixed by having a look at its status.
Bugs reported against LiveCode 6.7 or LiveCode 7.x will be fixed in the
next release, if the status is AWAITING_BUILD.

You can also follow our release schedule, and bug fixing patches, on our
GitHub repository <https://github.com/runrev/livecode/milestones>.

Warm regards,

The LiveCode Team