LC 8 Property Inspector

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 14 16:42:07 EDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 1:54 PM, Geoff Canyon wrote:
> Interesting -- does/did GLX remove the update messages the IDE sends?

I don't know but I doubt it. The problem in my case was that Zygodact's
Registration dialog needs to store info in a prefs stack, and is
intended to be opened before the mainstack is displayed. My method was
to open the prefs stack, store the info, and remove it on the assumption
that Zygodact should not interfere with the developer's instructions
about whether the prefs should be in RAM or not. If their script opens a
prefs file later, no problem. If not, prefs won't hang around.

GLX has startup handlers that also work with prefs, and GLX leaves the
stack open. When Zygodact closed it soon afterward, GLX errored.

There were two ways to solve it. GLX could have checked the openstacks
and reopened it if necessary, or Zygodact could have just left the file
open. It was easier for me to leave it open, which hasn't seemed to
interfere really with anything else the developer did with it except
that there's a possibly unwanted stack in RAM.

But the point is, there was interference that required me to know what
another tool (or framework in this case) was doing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com