LC 8 Property Inspector

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 14 14:05:38 EDT 2015

Geoff Canyon wrote:
 > I wasn't defending Navigator specifically, just pointing out that,
 > in my experience, the current framework allows for reasonably clean
 > development of tools.

In the case of RevNavigator even more so: your tool politely checks for
the existence of revMenubar when it inits, and if it doesn't find one it
inserts a slender frontScript to provide the handful of handlers it
relies on.  This allows it to be enjoyed in the MetaCard IDE or even
OpenCard along with the LiveCode IDE and conceivably any other, all
fully self-contained, nimble, and (at least in my experience having used
it in two different IDEs) error-free.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems