LC 8 Property Inspector

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 09:37:14 EDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> Ken Ray and I discussed having one of the theoretical collapsible headers
> being Favorites, so anyone who finds themselves using a certain subset of
> props frequently can include them there while still keeping the logical
> groupings it would ship with by default.

I hadn't been paying attention to this thread, but then Mark and Richard
mentioned me, so here I am.

My latest update to Navigator (which I haven't officially updated for some
time) does two things:

1. It collects recently-accessed properties at the top of the list.
2. It lets the developer specify a list of properties to always show at the
top of the list.

Both of the above are determined individually by object type. That said,
Navigator doesn't support custom interfaces for any property types other
than booleans, which you can click to set/unset, and 2- and 4-item lists,
which it allows you to just type in and hit return to set.

Further, I haven't even begun to look at widgets, but if they're
implemented as a group of underlying objects, then Navigator doesn't (yet)
handle that intelligently at all.

*That* said, the above frequently-used-properties item took a couple hours
to implement and wasn't difficult.

gc