scaleFactor strangeness

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Oct 14 05:01:52 EDT 2015

> On 14 Oct 2015, at 7:44 pm, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> Yup - if you have a 'stackview' control - then the problem goes away because you have a nice clear dividing line between objects in one co-ordinate system compared to the other.
>
> We'd probably want some explicit syntax for working out the rect of an object in a stackview, from the point of view of the stack containing the stackview; and also some means to communicate from the embedded stack to the host view... However, perhaps both of these things are unnecessary - the stacks could just as well communicate by sharing a common library.

I don’t think the communication is necessary as we can communicate in the same ways we currently do between stacks. Some stack object coordinate -> coordinate system it is presented in translation would probably already be helpful.

> Basically, there aren't really any difficult technical problems if you limit stackviews to being 'the ability to display a stack in a subpart of another stack, rather than a window' with no more integration beyond that, other than them being stacks.

That’s what I mean and if you present it somewhere else (different window or view) then it moves and the previous view is emptied. If you want two instances you clone the stack.

Cheers

Monte