[ANN] LiveCode List Processor

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 14 00:44:39 EDT 2015

Peter W A Wood wrote:

 >> Richard Gaskin <ambassador at wrote:
 >>
 >> Aside from MetaCard I've seen almost no other scripting language
 >> but Rebol that wholeheartedly embraced the concept of delivering
 >> applications over the wire.
 > If only Carl had found a partner whose marketing prowess was the
 > equal of his technical prowess.

Once upon a time I used to daydream of a technology merge with Rebol and
LiveCode.  Probably not in any way compatible under the hood, and
chances are you and I may be the only two people in either camp who
might enjoy such a chimera.  But it was a pleasant dream just the same.
  Carl seems like a fascinating person, likely very excellent dinner
conversation.

 >> A lot of xTalkers express Boolean functions with something list
 >> "Is*", e.g.  "if IsList() then…".
 >
 > Thanks for that suggestion. I might switch to IsList rather than
 > List? etc. It would seem better to use an xTalk convention than
 > a “foreign” one.

I'm not so sure.  At first I was, but after Mark and Mark explained how
common the ? convention is elsewhere I'm inclined to think that the most
important thing is that the library works as *you* want it to, and if
others learn a thing or two along the way as I did so much the better.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems