Learning Materials

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 14 00:35:39 EDT 2015

Kay C Lan wrote:
 > What advertising?
 >
 > https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqfr5p2acpomkeh/lcwiki.png?dl=0
 >
 > Firefox + the NoScript addon
 >
 > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/
 >
 > Wouldn't visit any website without it :-)

Amen.  NoScript is great not only for web sites whose owners don't
understand the insane load times that come with loading 30 massive
external ad scripts and their media, but also for security.

My wife hates using my laptop because most sites these days are broken
without JavaScript, but I don't mind having to turn on scripts for each
site given the upside that they're off by default.  Nothing runs unless
I explicitly allow it. Personally, I wouldn't consider anything less
safe enough to use.  It's good to know who's executing code on your machine.

@William:  I'd be happy to host it at LiveCode Journal if Max is up for
that.  He'd have to work out the mechanics of the transfer, but I could
set up a subdomain with him as the owner and the host offers an ad-free
wiki so it should be easy to use if he's up for moving it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems