[ANN] LiveCode List Processor

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Oct 12 19:32:01 EDT 2015

Never mind objects; we could restate it as .... "LC has no way to handle
lists of arbitrary chunks of data".

Your phrase " ... simple matter of ... return-delimited chunk ..." hides
the the real issue:
    what if the chunks of data might contain 'return's ?

You can find another character which is less likely (!!?) - but that
doesn't give you "arbitrary data".
Or you coerce it by encoding / decoding every time you put data into /
out of the list, or <lots of more complicated things>.
But those all make it less than simple, and less than efficient.

And, of course, inserting / deleting from such delimited "pseudo-lists"
is considerably less efficient than the constant time cost you would
expect from "real" lists :-)

-- Alex.