[ANN] animationengine 6

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Mon Oct 12 18:33:50 EDT 2015

Alejandro was so kind to compress the contained PDF so it came down from 25 MB to a couple of KB. Thanks Al! I updated the download.

@Scott: Thanks for the kind words!

@Matthias: ae 6.0 was rather involved in development and as much as I am supportive of the dual licensing thing it rather cannibalized the funds for the project. I hope to be able to re-introduce upgrade discounts with version 7. But first there will be a couple of updates to ae 6, which will be free for all commercial license holders of a version 6 license. Mainly the plan for v6 and beyond is to optimize performance a little more namely by moving all handlers into the main timer (the aeGeneral handler), v.6.0 is the start of that, but being able to do this for all handlers needs funding. I always have and will continue to only charge for major version increments and I will never introduce a subscription model for animationEngine. I hope my motivation here is understandable.

All the best,

Malte