Widget structure questions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 12 17:58:16 EDT 2015

Monte Goulding wrote:

 >> On 13 Oct 2015, at 4:16 am, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> The savingStandalone and standaloneSaved messages, along with
 >> their mobile equivalents, are in the Dictionary.  There may be
 >> others if I gave it some thought.
 >
 > Those are slightly different in that they are sent to user stacks
 > rather than accessing IDE internals.

There are probably other distinctions as well, but my point was simply
that they're useful for folks to know about, which is presumably why
there were documented in the Release Notes where we all read about them.

We could invest our time in enumerating reasons not to document them,
but it seems reasonable to expect that a function to let us know where
the Plugins folder is would be provided.

 > To add a guide to the docs it is only a matter of adding a markdown
 > file to the correct location. A plugin guide would be a good place
 > for all these functions and notifications to be documented.

I'm not all that particular about where things are documented, and we
can continue to invent new places to store such things if there's a
benefit in doing so.  I just think it would be helpful to have them
documented in something other than a Release Note from many versions ago.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems