function for greatest object in list less than or equal to a value

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Oct 12 14:21:29 EDT 2015

That is interesting. I was always under the impression that a tick was always 1/60 of a second. It never occurred to me that this was the standard vertical refresh of the monitors in use at the time.

So are you sating that if I had a monitor that refreshed at say 120/sec, that there would then be (roughly) 120 ticks in a second? Also, since processor load can influence real time statistics, but cannot influence the vertical refresh rate, wouldn't ticks then be the more accurate unit of measure?

Bob S