IPV6...

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Oct 12 14:14:17 EDT 2015

We were also advised when I was in high school that an ice age was coming, we would be out of water in ten to fifteen years, the air would be so polluted we would all be wearing gas masks, nothing would grow so we would be eating dirt etc. And while I don't deny there are real problems to consider, nothing ever is as bad as it is originally made out to be. We make the necessary adjustments to prevent our own extinction and then have a beer or two at the end of the day.

I find myself wondering why the Tier providers can't simply move all their routers over to use IPV6 exclusively, and leave local area networks the way they are? Maybe I misunderstand, but why does *everyone and everything* have to move to IPV6?

Bob S