IPV6...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 12 13:24:26 EDT 2015

Most systems are set up to use both v4 and v6 addressing, but libURL is
written exclusively for v4.

For most systems today that will continue to work for at least a while
longer.  But as we've all been advised by IANA for more than a decade,
v4 addresses are in short supply and v6 has been the recommended solution.

Apple's position with requiring v6 addresses isn't unique; some cloud
services are also beginning to make that requirement.

Yesterday's tomorrow is today.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems