[ANN] LiveCode List Processor

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 23:42:48 EDT 2015

I decided to convert a small card-based database stack to a “proper” database using SQLite. I immediately missed the next/previous card navigation features which were ideal for browsing the small database.

LiveCode chunking is great for handling lists but, as far as I can tell, is missing forward and backward navigation through lists. I decided to write a few simple functions to come up with such a mechanism.

I suspect that there may be an existing way to navigate forwards and backwards through a list but I just can’t find it. I’ve put together a very simple, completely unoptimised start of a LiveCode list processing library. It contains only a handful of functions. You can find it at https://github.com/PeterWAWood/LiveCode-ListProcessor <https://github.com/PeterWAWood/LiveCode-ListProcessor>.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to let me know of existing ways to achieve what this small library does before I spent more time developing it?

Regards

Peter