LC 8 Property Inspector

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Oct 8 21:25:07 EDT 2015

The accordion list and Scott's suggestion (is that a "MIller list"?) both
have the drawback that you can only see one set of properties at a time.
That might be OK but it does mean more clicking around/remembering values
if you want to do that.

To get round that, my implementation was a simple expandable list of
groups. Expand a group to see its properties, collapse it to get rid of
them.  If you need to see more than one group, expand both of them.  Or
perhaps you could have a checkbox next to each group instead of buttons
that indicates whether or not its properties should be included in the list.

You pretty much have to have something like that to handle custom
properties since there can be multiple custom property groups unless you
have a button for each one or go with a completely different
display/editing method.

Also, just a detail, but the Favorites group should be at the top of the
list and an option to show it already selected/expanded would be good.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>