Forking Versions

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Oct 8 16:14:17 EDT 2015

While it is possible to commit your changes on master then merge their stuff in its a real headache to do things that way. What you want to do is create a branch to work on. Commit your changes there then when you want their stuff you checkout the branch you want to update. In the case of the LiveCode repo it is most likely develop. Then pull changes. Then checkout your branch and merge in develop. Now your branch is being kept updated with their stuff but isn't in the way when you want to get their stuff. Any merge conflicts are sorted out on your private branch.

Cheers

Monte

Sent from my iPhone