App Browser versus Project Browser

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 7 23:44:59 EDT 2015

Like others I find the left pane of the app browser pretty useful. I¹ve
given the project browser a number of runs but usually end up returning to
the app browser because of the way it displays (simply) stacks and cards.
I don¹t much like the right pane of the app browser when there are lots of
objects involved, particularly if they are in nested groups but I usually
find myself struggling amongst those lists rather than opening up a second
tool (project browser).

My ideal hybrid would probably take the left pane of the app browser and
place the card controls of the project browser in the right pane,
maintaining the expandable/collapsible UI of the project browser. Add in a
layer number for each control and it¹s all good. The only other thing
would be a way to collapse all the controls in the right pane (unless it¹s
already there and I¹ve missed it). Do that and I¹ll happily let go of the
app browser and never look back.

Terry...

On 8/10/2015 1:47 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of J. Landman Gay"
<use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of