Basic grouches about LiveCode 8

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Oct 7 19:12:32 EDT 2015

> On 8 Oct 2015, at 9:53 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> I have a tool in the works that'll help that conversation along....

Talking about tools in the works. Does anyone have a tool to identify inaccessible handlers, unused variables etc? I was poking in the IDE the other day and I noticed some code that clearly isn’t being used so it would be nice to run such a tool on the IDE. I guess it would be a non-trivial tool to write given the range of possible ways an object might have a handler called (engine message, dispatch, send, call, post from a lcb handler, some custom publish-subscribe system … probably some other things I’ve forgotten).

Cheers

Monte