How can I get a high-res image into LC?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 02:55:07 EDT 2015

On 07/10/15 09:49, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when importing images into LC as an icon resource for buttons, does the dpi
> of the image makes any difference?
>
> I think the dpi is only relevant for printing. If I have a button of 100px
> and assign to it an image of 100px it should be irrelevant if the image has
> 72 dpi or 300 dpi, it only has 100px in both versions. Am I right?
>
> If I create an icon image with text in photoshop, I never get the text as
> crispy, as real text because the image is a bitmap and the text is vector
> based. And I don't even have a retina display for testing, so actually I
> don't know how blurred the button images look like on a retina display.
>
> What can I do to get crispy images (on buttons) in LC? How do you handle
> this issue? Any workaround? Probably "100px always keep 100px" on the
> screen, right?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

Supposedly (!!!!!!!) LiveCode post-Moolah-raising-exercises should be
able to handle vector
images (import, export ???) so one should be able to import a scaleable
image . . .

SVG

EPS

Anyone ????

Or is that a goal / stretch-goal / stretch-the-truth-goal that 'somehow'
got lost
in the wash?

Certainly if/were that capability available both imported images and
users would be crispy!

R.

Richmond.