Basic grouches about LiveCode 8

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 5 22:15:39 EDT 2015

Monte Goulding wrote:

 > It is now a script only stack that has it’s UI built on startup so
 > you need to add things each time you open LC.

I've been writing IDE patchers for myself for months to tidy up things
that had been sitting in the bug queue for a while (one of which got
fixed today), and I've always written them to apply the patches on startup.

The nice thing about this approach is that I can have what I want
without making permanent changes to the IDE.  If I need to revert the
IDE to its shipping state I just quit, remove my patcher plugin, and
restart.

I haven't had time to read the IDE scripts in v8 - what exactly is it
doing on boot?  Is it copying parts from some resource stack, or is
there some really long script somewhere to create every control and set
every property?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems