Release 8.0.0 DP 6

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Sat Oct 3 00:34:11 EDT 2015

I’m seeing similar and worse results on a MacBook Pro Retina with El Capitan (OS X 10.11).

Just downloaded DP6 Community tonight and already it’s crashed several times.

I can’t close a script. When I try to compile a script the indicator button stays yellow, then when I try to close the script I just get the 'Save Changes’ dialogue, if I’m successful in dismissing this dialogue, LC crashes. - Bug reported.

I’ve also just filed another bug report about the inspector crashing when inspecting widgets.

I don’t feel too inspired to go much further, it just feels like a waste of my time even though I really do want to see LC8 grow into something more useful. I don’t see how the bug jam can progress much with this version, at least not on OS X 10.11.

Paul