LC Memory Leak

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Oct 2 14:57:55 EDT 2015

I think there is a serious memory leak using SQLite.

LC 6.7.7

Windows XP SP3

SQLite DB 4Mb, 1,900 records, 80 columns

Stackè1 Card with several buttons with one field for status updates.

I am running an update(one of the buttons) from a tab delimited file of the
entire 1,900 records. I read the file (1Mb) into a variable and loop though
all the records checking to see if an update to the DB is needed and update
the DB as needed(2 records added and 219 records updated in this example).
Pretty simple
. This took over 90 minutes to complete? Check out the memory
usage:

Open LCè53mb Jumps to 400mb for an instant and does 170,00 page faults and
drops back to 53Mb.

Run the updateè Memory usage keeps going up and up to 496mb.

Close the DB è Memory usage drops back to 153Mb. What’s using the 100mb at
this point? I know I have some data in variables that is using memory but
certainly not 100mb worth.

Anybody else seeing this?

Ralph DiMola

IT Director