How would YOU trade data within LC Android app between 2 tablets without INTERNET?

Mark Rauterkus Mark at Rauterkus.com
Mon Nov 30 14:16:27 EST 2015

Hi,

Looking for best practices.

I want to create in LiveCode, Android Apps and have them run on tablets.
And, I want to have them SHARE / TRADE text data. But, I don't have
INTERNET. The Andoid devices have wifi. And they even have Bluetooth 4.0.

What to do?

Background: The school district won't allow them to hook up to the school's
internet via wifi. Getting internet via our own cable is too expensive.
And, we go to too many sites. And, getting a CLEAR internet Hub is costly
too. But, that might be the best route. Setting up a 'hot spot' with my
internet phone costs an extra $45 a month and with limited bandwidth.

If I can't communicate directly between devices, (doubt that I can), then
it might be easy to set up an INTRANET with a headless server on an extra
iMac or PC with a wifi router. Then we could talk at the site on that
network as much as we desire.

Then, from time to time, I could unplug the server and bring it to the
internet and capture the data for archives, if desired.

Getting that server to run on LiveCode would be an extra benefit / bonus
too.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com