Java version

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Sat Nov 28 18:20:26 EST 2015

Strange that the link times out for you...

This is the most important text of the page I link to in the forum posting:

"The reason you still get the “you need to install the Java Runtime
Environment” even after you have installed it from that link is because…
wait for it… that is the wrong link.

You see, that error is being thrown by Oracle, and so naturally it directs
you to Oracle’s Java for OS X download page.

BUT..you actually need the official Apple version of Java for OS X.
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US "

And that link is actually the same as the one that Stephen Maclean
provided...

Kind regards

Dave

J. Landman Gay wrote
> Thanks, but the link in the post there times out so I can't get to it.
> Could you give a brief synopsis? My main confusion is whether I have two
> versions installed (and can therfore uninstall 8 entirely) or whether it's
> version 6 that's triggering the update warning.
>

> On November 28, 2015 5:49:39 AM CST, Dave Kilroy <

> dave@

> > wrote:
>>Yes that java warning is annoying - see this thread on the forum
>>http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=25951
>>

>>-----
>>"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its
>>limits." - Albert Einstein
>>--
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |

> jacque@

-----
"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein