Death of the Application Browser

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Nov 26 13:31:20 EST 2015

On 2015-11-26 19:23, Richmond wrote:
> Application Browser, and that they back-tracked when they realised
> that people that HAVE to
> listen to (Ms. Gay) had unsheathed their claws.

There was absolutely no back-tracking at all.

The PR to move the Application Browser to a plugin was done quite a
while ago:

https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/pull/594

It was merged into 'develop' for dp-9 15 days ago. However, as it turns
out, we had omitted adding it to the description file the installer
builder uses to build the installers, hence the plugin did not appear in
dp-9 nor dp-10. This was a bug, which was quickly rectified after you
pointed out its omission.

> So, stop writing apologia for Peter and Ali: it is so flipping
> obvious!!!!

Richard is not writing apologia. He was merely stating facts - which he
checked before posting :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps