LiveCode Server on RHEL 5 [was: Release 8.0 DP 10]

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Nov 25 10:28:52 EST 2015

On 25/11/2015 14:58, Warren Samples wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 08:38 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>> Yes, the release notes appear to be inaccurate.
>>
>> We currently build against:
>>
>> * glibc 2.11 (released Nov 2009) or newer on x86
>>
>> * glibc 2.13 (released Feb 2011) or newer on x86-64
>>
>> I will make sure they are updated in time for our next releases.
>>
>> Out of interest, on which Linux distribution and version are you
>> attempting to run LiveCode 8 server?
>>
>>                                             Peter
>
> 32-bit CentOS 5.11, at WebFaction (webfaction.com)

The LiveCode Server binaries that we currently distribute do not support
RHEL 5 and its derivatives.

It may be possible to compile LiveCode Community Server for such an old
system.

Alternatively, we may be able to provide limited support, for a fee, via
our Business Services division.  Please feel free to contact
<business at livecode.com> if you're interested in that option.

                                  Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>