SQLite, keep connection open or close every time?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:38:27 EST 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Agreed on all counts, especially since SQLite works with databases in
> memory. I tend to keep database connections open for as little time as I
> can get away with, and if I have to lock resources I also lock as few as
> possible in a multiuser situation.

Doesn't a :memory: database get deleted by live code when closed.

And as I discovered playing around with sqlite, multiple potential users
can be a *real* problem.

If a second user tries to open it, it appears to work.  It may even work if
only one writes, but once there is a write, it gets strange.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462