revStacks hitting my openField handler in library

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 21:55:48 EST 2015

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> FrontScripts and backScripts are part of the normal message path and
> aren't exclusive to any stacks.  You might be able get away with private
> handlers and functions triggered in a frontScript but you have to be extra
> careful to always pass all standard messages or you'll prevent stuff from
> working correctly all over the IDE.
>
> Scripts in behaviors are limited to the objects they are assigned to, so
> would seem to be a better option.

Thanks; I think I have it licked.

I had been under the impression that a behavior completely replaced any
actual script of an object, and thought I'd found that when I'd
experimented.

So now the user interface stacks have the one-time mainstack's script as a
behavior, it also shares that behavior (I moved it to one of it's buttons,
all 500k of it), and the output stack that had a behavior already (it gets
duplicated for multiple outputs, and duplicating the code seemed wasteful)
has the behavior of its behavior set.

All in all, though, about 12 hours to work around the staggering deficiency
of the IDE.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462