Script for finding duplicate accounts and identifying dups

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Thu Nov 19 15:12:18 EST 2015

Hi All,

I have a list of user accounts and unique IDs. The user accounts are first initial + last name. A typical list might look like the following:

jdoe, 123456
ggarcia, 121212
ggarcia, 131313

I’m trying identify the duplicates, list the username and their unique 6 digit id.

I have been using the following code that Bernd shared while ago: http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6226#p28787 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6226#p28787>

…but it only works if i leave off my unique 6 digit IDs from my list of accounts, naturally.

I would like to be able to identify the user accounts that are exact duplicates but then differentiate them by their unique 6 digit ID. So essentially, create a new list of just the duplicates and ids, i.e.

ggarcia, 121212
ggarcia, 131313

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

John Patten