Rip off and recreate

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 16:22:54 EST 2015

How things work isn't protected by copyright. So if you create it from
scratch, but don't use the same text/images, you've got your own copyright
protection. Then, as long as you don't use anything trademarked or
recognizable (like Mickey Mouse) you won't be infringing anything. And if
it's non -commercial it's hard to justify damages. Worst case someone says
to stop distributing it, so you could take it down, but keep using it
privately. And all that is only if anyone notices it in the first place.