Standalone Internet Access Errors

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Nov 11 08:22:45 EST 2015

Hi Dan,

is this with the 7 engine?
If the app launches ok, it can not be blocked in general. However, I have seen similar problems on windows but did not nail it yet. My problems were on the intranet though. The weird thing is, that using the IP address instead of the server name usually resolved the problem. So my first suspicion was that the DNS entry was resolved too slowly. It might be something different though, because I had the chance to see the problem where some machines were able to reach the server, while others were not. In that case the users that had problems reaching the server were logged in as domain users, while the others had a standard user account.

What cured the problem finally and made me not investigate any further was that for that project, a replacement for libURL was used.

Not sure if this helps much.

Cheers,

Malte