How to determine someone has finished scrolling a field

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Nov 8 20:07:44 EST 2015

Hi BR,

Comparing the vScroll and textHeight can be tricky. This handler avoids
using the textHeight and vScroll:

getprop extScrollFinished
    put the long id of the target into myTarget
    if the number of items of the margins of the target is 4 then
       put the last item of the margins of the target into myMargin
    else
       put (the margins of myTarget) / 2 into myMargin
    end if
    put the formattedRect of char 1 to -1 of myTarget into myRect
    return not ((the last item of myRect) + myMargin > the bottom of
myTarget)
end extScrollFinished

The handler checks that the position of the last character is within the
visible area of the field. If this is true, then the user must have
scrolled far enough to have read the entire text. I don't know if this
also means that the user can't scroll any further, but this should be
sufficient for your purpose.

Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
http://economy-x-talk.com