Vector Images and the SVGL stack

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 14:40:43 EST 2015

Hi Richmond,

Richmond Mathewson-2 wrote
> This is really super work: Mark Waddingham and Co.
> should "sit up and take notice".
>
> Frankly, in the light of the fact that Alejandro can do this
> single-handedly I cannot help wondering why the LiveCode
> team seem to be having some sort of "problem" vis-a-vis
> SVG and the IDE right now.

Many Thanks for your kind words, just notice that
this is not the complete solution but a small step in
the long and winding road of importing SVG graphics
to LiveCode stacks. If LiveCode ask me about this,
I will suggest to import SVG Tiny 1.2 not the
SVG 1.1 Full specification.
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/

The first time that I saw SVG graphics, I though:
"NO, No, no... I do not want to use or learn anything
about this new format..."
I am sure that I was not alone.

What is wrong with SVG? Probably nothing...

A good selling point for SVG is Extensibility
Who does not love and want to apply this
concept of Extensibility in their own life in
every possible way? :-D

Those Transformation Matrices catch the eye of
every 3D graphics developer who have to deal
with them in a daily basis in their 3D job.

And If you are really dedicated to your craft,
you could add video, audio, animation and
interactivity within your svg files.

SVG remembers me that old joke:
A Camel is a horse designed by a committee.

SVG is the horse created by WC3 and now everybody
who needs to use vector graphics in the web needs to
learn to ride that horse... or else (bitmaps).

Al