[ANN] Text-file DBs

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:51:17 EST 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 1:57 AM, Paul Looney <simplsol at aol.com> wrote:

> Here are the chapters (let me know if I missed something, I almost forgot
> to have a chapter on CSV - a subject about which I have strong feelings):
>
> Paul,

I don't wish to 'add the straw' on what clearly is a very large
undertaking, but from a recent thread here I would suggest a topic on
unicode and char sets. For anyone new to DBs, not just LC + DBs,
understanding what char set an old DB is using, or what char set to create
a new DB in and how to handle all the situations in between is a hurdle
that has to be crossed particularly if their intended stack is to be
cross-platform. Maybe:

XVIII. Handling Cross-Platform and non-ASCII characters

Good luck and look forward to it's completion.