mySQL and accented chars revisited

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Nov 4 20:26:20 EST 2015

Kay's right. You can define the encoding to be used in an SQL database and
utilities should observe that encoding by default.

I added that in the last release of my SQLiteAdmin program, although I also
included preferences to not encode/decode and/or specify an encoding.
That's necessary because the database libraries don't (and can't) check if
the data they are handed is in the correct encoding so in the immortal
words of Forest Gump's mother, "you never know what you're gonna get".

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>