[ANN/OT] - Nice Review Of My LiveCode Simulation

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Tue Nov 3 13:09:28 EST 2015

Hi David,

You are certainly welcome to use my AlienCivilizationDetection at MozFest. I would be honored, and I wish I could be there. Please keep in mind that I’m not a real programmer so my code is not sophisticated, to say the least. But then, one could make the point that the beauty of LiveCode is that boneheads like me can do things and stuff!!

Off the top of my head, I would go at it like this:

To best understand what’s physically being portrayed on the Simulation card, which is the focus of the app, I would go to the Tutorial card. A couple of minutes here will clear up a lot of confusion for those who have not thought before in terms of light-years and billions of years of existence/evolution. In fact, the ScaleOmatic card is an attempt to further enhance this kind of perspective.

I suppose you could point out that ACD uses MonteCarlo methods and geometry in its simulation and then dive into the code on the simulation card. The growRings handler is the heart of the dynamics of the simulation and you could look at that.

I’m not sure how far you want to go with this but I am happy to answer your questions. Perhaps we should go off-list for that?

Thanks,

Roger