[OT-ish] How regular is pseudocode?

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:33:39 EST 2015

Note: it's page 41 in the menu bar, but page 27 in the document.

I'm only dangerous in Livecode, but the code in Listing 5.3 looks like
actual code to me, not pseudocode. By definition, if it's pseudocode then
isn't it too vague to be used as actual code? And what good is code, pseudo
or not, if it references mysterious functions?

Pseudocode should be easier to write and read since a human can fill in the
missing pieces for themselves. If you had a set of rules for writing
pseudocode, such that it could be parsed into a high-level language like
Livecode, then wouldn't you simply have an even higher-level language?