Chromebook deployment...

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 09:20:18 EST 2015

I was hired by Apple in October 1987 because they lacked Apple II knowledge in tech support, but I would still have to answer calls not knowing what the topic was going to be. One conversation with an Apple dealer went like this:

dealer: “what’s the current version of Finder?”
me to dealer: “hold on”
me to colleagues: “what’s the current version of Finder?”
colleagues: “5.5”
me to dealer: “5.5”
dealer: “thanks” hang up
me to colleagues: “What’s Finder?”

Anyway, my point was that even if in some places 4.2/6.0 was promoted as System Update 5.0, there never was a System 5.0. The System went straight from 4.3 to 6.0.