AW: AW: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat May 30 21:36:46 EDT 2015

On 31/05/2015 00:07, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Currently everything I do in LiveCode is done in v7.0.5.

I too have used only v7 for everything I've done recently for myself (no
released products - just stuff I do for myself and friends/family). I've
been still using v6 when I don't control it all myself.

I'm happy to say I've had no crashes, no serious IDE problems and few
performance issues (which were all already reported or known).

So I've now started to go through some of my older stacks that I think
might be more performance-dependent to see if I can find and report
anything. First one I tried did indeed show a graphics performance issue
(on Mac - so maybe due to different graphic libs rather than the
engine)- anyway that's 15447.

> I agree that focusing on specific actionable issues experienced
> firsthand is very valuable.
>
> If there are bugs that have been submitted but not acted on and are
> holding up work without a workaround, let's identify those and get
> them resolved.
>
> In addition to review of the current bug DB, Ben recently contacted a
> few developers to solicit such a shortlist, and as Community Manager
> I'm happy to add to that list with anything critical we can identify
> here.

I'm no RQCC expert - is there a simple recipe to find all (or most) v7
performance related bug reports ?

Thanks
-- Alex.