AW: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat May 30 11:04:54 EDT 2015

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 7:16 AM, Mike Bonner <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Malte, it might help if you don't sort the keys on each keystroke, instead
> put the keys into a list and sort them once, then keep referring to that
> same list as you do your filtering. Its faster to pop the full sorted list
> into a working variable on each keystroke and filter than it is to get the
> keys, sort the keys, then filter.

That's also what mine does.  Pulled once from the database already sorted,
stashed,then copied on use to a working set.  Working set is further
filtered for added characters, and recopied then filtered if a char is
deleted.

Now that I think of it in this context, a FILTER SORTED that assumes sorted
data might be faster (but I suppose only faster if filtering from first
character, rather than arbitrary position).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462