AW: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Sat May 30 09:28:56 EDT 2015

Hi Malte,
I've send Hanson my "real live stack"
Waiting what they will tell me
Tiemo

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] Im Auftrag von Malte Brill
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. Mai 2015 17:53
An: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
Betreff: Re: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

I set up a couple of benchmark stacks a while back:

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22072 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22072>

Bad thing was that the team wanted to see „real live scenarios“ (which most of my benchmark stacks are, just boiled down to the core of the problems as I found them). I was able to fly over to Edinburgh and discuss many of the problematic areas with the team. I guess the more „real live“ scenarios they see, the better as it might help find optimisations. Until the speed issues are resolved I am stuck with 6.7 for productive work, which is a shame because for one project I would urgently need to be able to support arabic RTL input. But I guess the old rule applies: First you make it work, then you make it fast. Impatiently waiting for the latter. :-)

Best,

Malte