that odd text property that preserves formatting on copy (like sharedText)

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri May 29 12:53:56 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-27 17:28, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> hours into this, I remember fighting and solving it before . .
>
> As I copy groups from one stack to another, some of the fields lose
> their
> custom properties and text formatting, but not their text.
>
> It seems to me that there was a field property that isn't in the
> property
> inspector that governs this.
>
> Does anyone remember what this property is?

Reading this and the other post about the line height I wonder if you
are relying on property inheritence for the textSize (and other font
properties).

If the text* properties of your fields are empty they will be inheriting
their values from the ancestor objects - this would account for why the
appearance of them changes when you move them into different groups.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps