How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri May 29 09:12:46 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am producing with LC 6.5.2 on a very fast Win 7 machine.

Testing my stacks in LC 7.0.5 , they show such a poor performance. E.g.
plain repeat loops with 20,000 records which take a fraction of a second in
LC 6, last up to 10 seconds in LC 7, which is more than unacceptable for me
/ my clients on old poor machines.

How do you handle this performance issue in your projects? Don't you
experience this behavior or are you all not using LC 7 for live projects?
Did you had to performance optimize your old code when switching to LC7? Are
there any "standard" recipes of tuning known performance killers?

I have read that LC8 is supposed to be performance optimized. Is it possible
that it comes back to old performance or do we have to live with that poor
performance?

Thanks for your experiences

Tiemo