Accursed backdrop

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed May 27 04:42:42 EDT 2015

Mark wrote
> You don't need a PC to run Windows or Linux - just Virtual Machines.

While this is certainly true, if the users are anything like me they’ll tend to stay in the VMs host OS as much as possible and only leave the comfort zone to switch to a VM whenever it is necessary / unavoidable. I tend to stay in Mac OS when using a Mac and only switch to a VM to quickly test things. That is why I force myself to use different machines at least one day a week and do work on the respective OS. Doing that I see a lot more quirks in my stuff than when I only switch to the VM to verify stuff working.

2 cents,

Malte