Livecode <=> SQL?

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Thu May 21 22:58:52 EDT 2015

> Le 22 mai 2015 à 03:47, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Pierre Sahores <sc at sahores-conseil.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Le 18 mai 2015 à 00:23, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>>

>>> There are definitely a couple of *whopping* holes:
>>> * cannot connect securely to Postgres
>>
>> Why don’t you access it in localhost mode only (via lc server + script/stack lib). I do this
>> all the time to store incoming HTTPS POST data. It’s, as long as i know, the most
>> reliable way to go in about server’s security task.
>
> I'm not sure what you're saying here--I'm assuming a central server being hit by
> clients around the country, wo how can locahost handle that?

The remote client -> HTTPS -> Apache -> (LC-Server -> PostgreSQL, both those two last components connected trough port 5432 on the 127.0.0.1 localhost IP address)

>>> * cannot submit multi-line queries to mySQL
>>
>> Did’t try myself at this point under MariaDB/MySQL (and i will do soon as i’m on
>> the way to move some of my apps from PG to MariaDB) but this works perfectly
>> fine against PostgreSQL.
>
> That's the problem--I trried to use mySQL as a temporary replacement
> until I have
> my server working, but the compound commands I've been using with postgres
> and mySQL bomb.

Agreed ! MariaDB is too permissive, even in using the INNODB engine...

> In another thread, it was mentioned that there is work to
> make livecode handle multiline mySQL, but it isn't there now.

Confirmed. Just tested this today and did’t find any way to go at this point. Will try with shell or curl and report there if something can do the job. revDB don’t seems to be able to handle this at all.