Livecode <=> SQL?

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Sun May 17 18:57:31 EDT 2015

> Le 18 mai 2015 à 00:23, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> On Sunday, May 17, 2015, Pierre Sahores <sc at sahores-conseil.com> wrote:
>

>> I never understood some discussions about the urgent need of their
>> improvement. They just works as fine as our SQL queries well build are
>> (complex inner joints support, etc…).
>

> There are definitely a couple of *whopping* holes:
> * cannot connect securely to Postgres

Why don’t you access it in localhost mode only (via lc server + script/stack lib). I do this all the time to store incoming HTTPS POST data. It’s, as long as i know, the most reliable way to go in about server’s security task.

> * cannot submit multi-line queries to mySQL

Did’t try myself at this point under MariaDB/MySQL (and i will do soon as i’m on the way to move some of my apps from PG to MariaDB) but this works perfectly fine against PostgreSQL.

> These are both drop-dead showstoppers.
>
> There are also conditions in which"revdberr," is returned after successful
> transactions. I believe this applies to both both post postgres and SQLite

Never had to deal with this « revdberr » glitchy until yet, at least against my LC-Server+PostgreSQL server's apps.